This page explains how we collect and use information, and how we protect your privacy.
Data Protection Act 1998
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 , we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. You have a right to access your personal data and change any inaccuracies.
What We Mean By Personal Information
“Personal data” means data which relate to a living individual who can be identified:-
(a) from those data, or;
(b) from those data and other information which is in the possession of, or is likely to come into the possession of, the data controller and includes any expression of opinion about the individual and any indication of the intentions of the data controller or any other person in respect of the individual.
Personal Information That We Collect
We collect and process the following data:-
- Your name and email address if you register to receive our newsletter (via MailChimp);
- Information you provide when you submit or post content to the site or when you contact us (including when you report a problem with the site to us), and;
- Non-personally identifiable information collected by Google Analytics to help analyse how visitors use the site (see Cookies below).
By providing us with your personal data, you consent to our processing your personal data for the purposes set out below.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use personal data held about you in the following ways:-
- to contact you by email with information about news related to Digital Nomads activities and services and with details of courses and events that may be relevant to you (if you have subscribed to our newsletter), and;
- for assessment and analysis to enable us to review, develop and improve the services we offer.
We do not sell, trade, rent or otherwise share your information with any other party, unless required to do so for law enforcement purposes.
MailChimp provide an online platform that we use to create, send, and manage email newsletters. The service uses distribution lists containing the names and email addresses of our subscribers i.e. people who have registered to receive our newsletter.
All of our newsletters include an unsubscribe link which will automatically remove a subscriber’s details from our distribution list.
When we send emails to our newsletter subscribers, we’ll sometimes track who opened the emails and who clicked the links. To do this, we include single pixel gifs, also called web beacons, in emails we send. Web beacons allow MailChimp to collect information about when you open the email, your IP address, your browser or email client type, and other similar details. We are able to use that data in MailChimp to run reports to see who has or hasn’t opened our emails or clicked links. We do that to measure our Email Campaigns’ performance and to improve our features and relevance for our subscribers.
For further details on the cookies set by Google Analytics, please refer to the Google Code website.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We are strongly committed to data security and we take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, alteration or corruption.
This website is maintained by Digital Nomads Limited and hosted by Heart Internet on secure, UK based servers.
Contacting Us About The Privacy Statement
Digital Nomads Limited, Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London EC1V 2NX or via our Contact Us page.