£99 + VAT
FULL DAY WORKSHOPS 9.30am – 4.00pm
Looking for an easy to use, low cost and future proof website (or blogging) solution? Or, perhaps you already have a WordPress site and are looking for help in adding your own content and developing your site?
Our professional and friendly training specifically caters for small business needs and is suitable for anyone looking to set up a website or blog and get started using WordPress.
What to Expect
In advance of the workshop we will set up your hosting and install a version of WordPress for you, along with a premium theme. We will use this for training and the site will be yours, with no obligation, free of charge for 3 months afterwards. You will be able to use this as your new business website or just use it to practice and test things out. After the 3 months you can keep the site by taking one of our hosting packages, should you wish to do so.
During the course you will receive a Beginner’s Guide including your password and login details and access to support videos. We will give you all the information you need to get started and enable you to add further content and develop your site in your own time and at your own pace.
- About WordPress
- The difference between hosted and self-hosted installations
- The basics and getting started with WordPress
Starting your own site
- Accessing your site
- Navigating the dashboard
- Understanding the basics
Posts, pages, content and images
- How to format posts and pages
- Adding links
- Inserting and embedding photographs and video
- Themes and how can you use them
- Theme frameworks and child themes
Tweaking your site
- Overview of plugins and widgets
- How to install plugins
- Some essential WordPress plugins and what they do
Search Engine optimisation
- How to make sure your website is optimised for Search Engines
- Tagging and categorising your content
How to work with social media
- Adding ‘Share’ buttons
- Adding a newsletter and contact form
- How to integrate your content with Twitter and Facebook
After the course you will
- Have a functional WordPress website hosted free of charge for 3 months
- Be able to use WordPress to manage website content
- Know how to integrate social media content into your WordPress website
- Be able to further develop your own site(s) using sign-posted resources (free or low cost)
What’s in it for YOU?
- You can do almost anything on your own site for little or no cost
- You can benefit from thousands of designs that you can use right now to create a fantastic looking website
- You can take complete control of your website and not be reliant on anyone else
- You can commission development, if ever required, from numerous WordPress developers
- You can develop a responsive mobile friendly site that looks good on Tablets and smartphones too
This course is delivered to small groups and we work together, at a pace to suit you. You’ll have time to try things out and to become familiar with the basics. You’ll leave with a stack of resources, access to our support videos and lots of hints and tips to set you well and truly on your way to having a fantastic site that you control and maintain.